Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2008 Summer Season

After a summer full of adventures I have some time to sort through my pictures.
Most of the summer in Southcentral Alaska was rainy with cool temperatures. We got lucky and had a sunny August in the Southwest in Katmai National Park and in the Arctic. Fall was spectacular with all its colors.
Winter is finally on its way, we have some of the first snowflakes of the season here in Chickaloon.
We are heading to Florida for a month and plan on paddling the 99 mile Wilderness Waterway in the Everglades National Park.
Here are some of my best pictures I have picked out of the hundreds I took this summer.

2 comments:

Chickaloon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chickaloon said...

Nice pictures! Looks like you were hiking somewhere below Castle Mtn behind Chickaloon. Can you tell me where the trailhead is? I have a place just up the road on the Glenn and am always looking for new places to explore.